Concord Township Historical Society

The Pierce-Willits House built circa 1744 is the Society Headquarters
Concord Friends Meeting House
Concord Township Historical Society is a non-profit volunteer organization founded in 1967 to collect, preserve, and share our local history. The collections of the Society are housed in the the Society's Headquarters, the Pierce-Willits House.

Historical properties of interest include:
  • Bush Hill, owned by Concord Township, and 34 acres of space surrounding the barn, spring house and home;
  • Concord Friends Meeting House, erected in 1728;
  • Maplewood Gymnasium and Dante Orphanage, built in 1898;
  • Newlin Grist Mill and surrounding park and properties (click here for a link to the post on this site );
  • Orthodox Friends Meeting House and the Grange (which serves as the Concord Township
    St. John’s Concord
    Senior Center);
  • St. John’s Concord, a Greek Revival Church erected in 1844;
  • Polecat Road House, built prior to 1750 and restored by Concord Twp. in 1967
More information may be found by contacting the Concord Township Historical Society at 610-459-8556, or visiting their website at

Bush Hill Spring House